According to reportsweb.com The global Cervical Interbody Fusion Cages market is valued at 820 million US$ in 2017 and will reach 1120 million US$ by the end of 2025, growing at a CAGR of 4.0% during 2018-2025.
In the market there are more than 100 cervical cages including PEEK, 3D Titanium, or stand-alone. Most of the stand-alone devices are included in our ACIF section: http://www.thespinemarketgroup.com/category/acif/
Today, we have selected 10 Cervical Interbody Devices that are differentiated and probably are not as known as their deserve according to their features and benefits that they provide (in Alphabetical order).
1.- AIS-C Stand-Alone | Genesys Sine
The AIS-C® Stand-Alone System is a zero-profile, direct-anterior, stand-alone interbody system for the cervical spine. It was designed to provide the greatest ease of use to the surgeon at every step of the procedure.
The Genesys Spine AIS-C Cervical Stand-Alone System will be offered in various device configurations based on surgical approach and patient anatomy. The Genesys Spine AIS-C Cervical Stand-Alone System includes an interbody, containing a titanium alloy locking mechanism, that is implanted with two (2) titanium alloy bone anchors. The interbody is offered in either PEEK or in titanium alloy.
2.- C-CURVE™ | Medicrea
The C-Curve is an unique offer on the market, the titanium cage is expandable in order to adapt lordosis angle to patient anatomy
- Two different implants (PEEK & Titanium) and only one instrumentation
- One step anti back out system to prevent cage migration and provide optimum stability
- Double threaded screw with cylindrical head to help guiding during screwing
- Radiotransparent Peek cage with tantalum markers to control intraoperative and postoperative Positioning
3.- F3D Cervical | CoreLink
The F3D Cervical interbodies leverage the benefits of Mimetic Metal® which emulates key characteristics of natural bone to provide an optimal structure and environment for healing.
- 100% open-pore architecture to allow for osteointegration
- Hydrophilic wicking
- 3D printed titanium with 70% porosity
- Large graft window (up to .89 cc graft volume capacity)
- Provided sterile
4.- HiveTM C | HD LifeSciences
Utilizing high-definition 3D printing, HiveTM Interbody Fusion Devices all feature a Soft Titanium® lattice core with HD’s 4 evolutionary technologies. The HiveTM family includes multiple footprint and lordosis options for each surgical approach.
- Reduced Stiffness: HiveTM interbodies using Soft Titanium® technology have an elastic modulus similar to PEEK.
- Improved Radiographic Imaging:Reduced density titanium structure is radiographically lucent on x-rays and shows minimal scatter or artifact on CT and MRI.
- Advanced Surface Technology: A surface treatment is applied throughout the implant to optimize the environment for bony on-growth.
- Bony Ingrowth: Approximately 70% porous by volume with 300-900 μm pores to retain flowable DBM or otherbone growth enhancement products.
5.- MATRIXX® Stand Alone Cervical System | NEXXT Spine
NEXXT MATRIXX Stand Alone Cervical System is a stand-alone anterior cervical interbody fusion system intended for use as an adjunct to fusion at one or two contiguous levels (C2-T1) in skeletally mature patients for the treatment of degenerative disc disease (defined as discogenic neck pain with degeneration of the disc confirmed by history and radiographic studies
Designed to be used as an adjunct to fusion at one or two contiguous levels (C2-T1) in skeletally mature patients, the Stand-Alone Cervical System will help patients that suffer from the treatment of degenerative disc disease. It should be used with the bone screw fixation provided and requires no additional fixation.
- Optimize bone ingrowth
- Reduce costs
- Enable patient-specific solutions.
6.-RED RUBY ACI | OSSEUS
Red Ruby ACI is a zero-profile, revisable anchored interbody system which offers a variety of features that make cervical fusions easy and effective. Its proprietary hybrid design of PEEK Optima and titanium aids in simple insertion with greater anti-migration security.
- RETRACTABLEImplant removal options make revisions a reality.
- LOW DYNAMICSOur zero-profile construct helps minimize anatomic disruption.
- SIMPLISTICUser-friendly, intuitive tools streamline procedures.
- PRE-PACKEDSeparate packaging simplifies preparation and assures sterility.
7.- SPIRA C | CAMBER SPINE
Titanium Open Architecture cervical interbody with Surface By Design® technology to optimize bone growth.Engineered to:Decrease Subsidence and Maximize Graft Volume.
- 3D printed Titanium Alloy TI-6AL-4V (Grade 23) per ASTM F3001-14
- Offered in three different footprint sizes to accommodate patient anatomy
- Graft volume ranges from .3 cc in the smallest size up to 1.2 cc’s in the largest size
- Provides immediate stability with surface features designed for significant friction to help prevent motion
- Encourages bone cell proliferation with roughened titanium surface
- Promotes “mechanical fusion” bone ingrowth for short-term stability, using trabecular, bone-like surface design, with an average pore diameter of 500µm
8.-STALIF C-Ti™ | CENTINEL SPINE
STALIF C’s integrated cage and screw system is cleared for use without supplemental fixation, while the “No-Profile” design allows it to nest fully within the confines of the vertebral body—leaving the anatomy unchanged external to the interbody. STALIF C® is part of an “integrated” system of implants and instruments designed to create consistent clinical results and avoid more destructive multiple incision surgeries.
- No Supplemental Fixation:STALIF C’s integrated cage and screw system is cleared for use without supplemental fixation. Some surgeons, however, may still choose to use anterior plates or posterior fixation.
- No-Profile®: Conforms to Patient Anatomy:The STALIF C® “No-Profile” design allows it to nest fully within the confines of the vertebral body, leaving the anatomy unchanged external to the interbody.
- The Lag Effect:Compressive Fixation Ensures Graft and Endplate Contact:As the preferred design to ensure fixation in cancellous vertebral bone, cancellous screws—combined with our screw head design—produce a lag effect between the vertebral body and the implanted device. The lag effect provides constant compressive forces against the implant which results in a greater interface between the graft and the endplate to facilitate the fusion process.
- Optimal Screw Trajectories:Engineered to Maximize Opportunities for Fusion:The STALIF C® 3-screw design utilizes a midline convergence pattern in conjunction with an optimal horizontal inclination. These integrated elements conform to AO principles of fracture fixation, increasing the possibility of a fusion2.2Thalgott J, MD; Malone M – Principles of Interbody Fixation, White Paper, Centinel Spine Journal, Number 1 2009
9.- TirboLOX | CAPTIVA SPINE
Captiva Spine’s TirboLOX (Titanium Reinforced Bone) titanium cervical interbody cages are created using an advanced 3D printing technology. This is an additive manufacturing process that enabled TirboLOX implants to have unique surface features and structures not possible with traditional machining. Purposely designed to potentially promote a strong interface between metal and bone (biologic fixation) TirboLOX incorporates:
- Surface roughness (with peaks and valleys) outside and inside the implant
- Interconnected organic lattice structure featuring a dual layer of varying porosities
- Open architecture to reduce radiographic presence for clear imaging.
TirboLOX-C Titanium Cervical Cage Features:
- 3D Printed Titanium Alloy (Ti-6Al-4V)
- Heights ranging from 5-12mm in 1mm increments
(W)15 x (L)12mm
(W)17.5 x (L)12mm
- Anatomical, Parallel, Lordotic (7° of lordosis)
- Sterile packed
10.- Truss System-Stand Alone | 4WEB MEDICAL
The CSTS-SA product is designed to allow fixation screws to be placed through the truss implant and into the adjacent vertebral bodies creating a zero-profile stand-alone construct that removes the need for traditional plate and screw fixation. Additionally, the device features a single-step locking mechanism that provides surgeon users confidence in the performance of the stand-alone construct. The Cervical Stand-Alone product line will be available in multiple footprints, lordotic angles, heights and will be delivered in sterile packaging for hospital efficiency and patient safety
4WEB Medical’s proprietary Truss Implant Technology™ utilizes the concept of mechanobiology to simulate cellular activity at the surgical site. The manufacturing process used to produce the implant’s Advanced Structural Design creates a hierarchical surface roughness with features that span from the macro to nano scale. In-vitro testing has shown that stem cells attached to 4WEB’s titanium implant surface exhibited increased gene expression of certain osteogenic markers when compared to smooth titanium and PEEK.