According to Research and Markets, the Global XLIF Surgery Market is accounted to reach USD 2,557.74 million by 2024 from USD 1,644.68 million in 2016; it is growing at a CAGR of 5.7% in the forecast period 2017 to 2024.
Which are the main market Drivers?
- Rising Number of Minimally Invasive Procedures
- Increasing Number of Spinal Disorders
- Growing Number of Geriatric Population
Which are the main market Restraints?
- Higher Expenses of Treatment Procedures
- Stringent Regulatory Procedures
How many Devices compete in this market?
There are at least 60 different Lateral Cages. Please to know more about these devices visit:http://www.thespinemarketgroup.com/category/llif/
Today, we have selected 10 Lateral Cages (with many difficulties) since most of the 62 devices that we have in our section LLIF are very good products. But we have tried to show you 10 differentiated products out of Nuvasive or Medtronic according to the following criteria:
- Sizes including Lordosis
- Graft Packability
- Bone Growth Surface
10 Lateral Cages to know:
1.-ARIES-L | OSSEUS
The Aries-L interbody fusion device features a proprietary multi-axis mesh and optimized micro-surface topology, both of which are designed to facilitate fusion. The product’s lattice helps increase the implant’s porosity to 80%, which provides unparalleled in-situ radiovisibility compared with other titanium implants. The implant’s anatomic profile, anti-migrational teeth, and streamlined insertion are designed to increase procedural efficiencies.
For more information please visit:https://osseus.com
2.- Aero-LL | Stryker
Aero-LL is a Lateral Lumbar Interbody and Fixation System that features Aerofoil™ Compression Technology, the only in-line LLIF (lateral lumbar interbody fusion) device to offer compression across the disc space.
Shaped like inverted plane wings, Aero-LL’s unique anchors are designed to pull the vertebral bodies towards the implant as they are inserted, creating compressive forces at the implant‑to‑endplate interface. This system features a fully guided, in-line, rail-based instrument set to help you accurately place the implant and anchors, and achieve interoperative reproducibility.
For more information please visit: https://www.stryker.com
3.-dualX™ | Amplify Surgical
The dualX systems transform the fusion environment enabling minimally-invasive surgical corridor designed to reduce anatomical trauma and nerve retraction.
- Accommodates surgeon preferred surgical approach
- Powerful, vertical expansion
- Wide, lateral expansion
- Innovative dual locking mechanism
- Built in lordotic angle
- Post-expansion bone grafting
For more information please visit: https://amplifysurgical.com/technology/
4.-ELSA® | Globus Medical
ELSA® is an expandable interbody fusion spacer with integrated fixation designed to maximize segmental lordosis while minimizing disruption to patient anatomy.
- Sagittal Alignment: Lordotic adjustability from 5° to 20° or 15° to 30° allows for a small starting height and a precise anatomic fit.
- Minimal Disruption: Integrated fixation can be delivered through a smaller access window compared to traditional lateral fixation, while screw eyelets maintain ideal placement during controlled implant expansion.
- In situ Graft Delivery: A large central graft window coupled with the ability to introduce additional bone graft in situ provides an optimal fusion environment.
For more information please visit: https://www.globusmedical.com/
5.-PROLIFT LATERAL | Life Spine
The PROLIFT e-LIF Spacer System with Osseo-Loc Surface Technology offers a micro-invasive solution for Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusions. With up to 6mm of in situ expansion and up to 15˚ of lordosis, ProLift allows for restoration of patient disc height and decompression of neural elements. With the small starting height options and maximum end plate coverage, it is designed to minimize impaction, preserve end plate integrity, and maximize indirect decompression.
Visit:https://lifespine.com/proliftlateral/ to learn more.
6.- SPIRA™-L | Camber Spine
Titanium Open Architecture LLIF with Surface By Design® technology to optimize bone growth Engineered to: – Decrease Subsidence – Maximize Graft Volume – Maintain Saggital Balance Biconvex surfaces for superior endplate contact Implant configurations include – Lengths of 45mm, 50mm, and 55mm – Widths of 18mm and 22mm – Lordotic profiles of 8° and 15° – Heights from 8mm to 14mm in 2mm increments
- Spira®-L Open Matrix OLIF and its open matrix design contain multiple pathways throughout the implant for osseointegration.
- Arched design distributes load evenly across endplates with optimized surface contact. Each implant offers up to 40 points of endplate contact.
- 3D printed titanium with Surface by Design® Technology, encourages bone cell proliferation with roughened titanium surface.
- Surface by Design® Titanium roughened surface is designed to have an average pore diameter approximately 500μm – the ideal environment for bony ingrowth.
For more information please visit: https://www.cambermedtech.com
7.- STALIF L™ | Centinel Spine
STALIF L continues the thirty-year STALIF® heritage of innovation as STALIF L is the only lateral device to offer the benefits of no-profile, compressive lag fixation with proprietary anti-backout technology and 12-degrees of lordosis.
In addition to the above-mentioned STALIF benefits, STALIF L also offers a large chamber for bone graft to support fusion, optimized fixation with easily placed self-drilling, self-tapping screws and a variety of cage sizes to match patient anatomy.
For more information on STALIF L, please visit centinelspine.com.
8.-TRUSS LATERAL SYSTEM™ | 4WEB Medical
4WEB Medical’s 3D printed technology utilizes engineering principles such as structural mechanics and adjacent material reaction to produce innovative spine implants that may actively participate in the healing process.
- 4WEB’s hierarchical surface roughness surrounds every strut in the truss implant, providing a scaffold for cell adhesion and osteogenesis throughout the entire fusion column
- Load distribution maximizes subsidence resistance and has potential to stimulate adjacent cellular response for bone in-growth
- Open architecture design allows for bone growth throughout the entire implant construct
- Truss design limits imaging artifact for enhanced radiographic visualization
- Bi-Convex design brings implant closer to adjacent bone
For more information please visit: https://4webmedical.com/
9.- Sagittae® | SpineEX
Sagittae® is a lateral lumbar interbody with independent height and lordosis adjustment designed to restore sagittal balance
- In-situ parallel expansion up to 16.1mm
- Independent lordotic adjustment up to 30 degrees*
- Designed for Surgical Efficiency
- Single instrument for in-situ height and lordotic adjustment
- Decreased need for multiple trials Streamlined Inventory
- Five implants to treat a wide range of patients
- Individual sterile pre-packaged implants
- Designed to Improve Clinical Outcomes
- Patient-specific fit and lateral MIS approach minimizes trauma
- Lateral approach reduces tissue disruption, anesthesia time and post-operative complications
For more information, please visit: https://www.spineexinc.com
10.- Velocity® L | Spine Wave
The Velocity® L Expandable Interbody Device is a composite, expandable implant that is designed for ease of insertion, optimal implant to patient fit, maximized indirect decompression, and maximum bone grafting. The Velocity® L Expandable Interbody Device is intended to be introduced to the disc space via the lateral approach.
- Mitigate subsidence through:
- Minimized insertion height and required impaction force
- Optimal implant fit
- Attributes of Velocity® L Expandable Interbody Device System:
- Low profile 8 mm starting height
- Nested lordotic endplates for parallel insertion profile
- Controlled, in situ distraction in 1 mm increments
- Plasma spray titanium surface coating
- Integrated bone grafting solution for post expansion grafting
- Continuous central graft chamber
Please for more information visit:http://www.spinewave.com