The global minimally invasive spine surgery market (MIS) is considered by many to be the most exciting and growing segment of the orthopedics industry. One of the key drivers for the MIS spinal device market is the increase in the target population. The biggest limiting factor for the MIS device market is the complexity of the procedures and the skill required to master them. In particular, percutaneous techniques and, to a lesser extent, retractor techniques, are considered by many to be significantly more difficult to master than traditional open surgical methods.
The minimally invasive spinal implants market contains nearly 100 companies many of which are smaller companies with less than 2% market share. Top companies as Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Nuvasive or Globus have very good MIS products.
But there are also smaller companies with great Minimally Invasive Screw systems.We have selected Ten products according to the following criteria:
- Range of Rods diameter and length
- Fenestrated screws option
- Double Lead Screws
- Self Tapping Screws
- Range of Screws diameter and length
- Friction Tips Tulips
- Reduction-Distration Instruments
- Head Profile
10 Minimally Invasive Screw Systems to know:
1.- BLACK DIAMOND | OSSEUS
The Black Diamond™ Pedicle Screw System is an intuitive thoracolumbar fixation system that is ideal for use in both degenerative and deformity operations. Vibrant colors make for simplified implant identification and in-situ visualization while novel instrumentation optimizes each step of the procedure. The system’s versatile implant and instrumentation options allow for use in a minimally invasive or open theatre to treat a diverse array of pathologies. Take a look at what gives this system its effects, flexibility and intuitiveness.
For more information please visit:https://osseus.com
2.- DIPLOMAT | SIGNUS
The surgical strategy can be adapted from “minimally invasive” to “open” at any time, using the same instrumentation. The DIPLOMAT MIS system uses pedicle screws of the DIPLOMAT system. A complete stand-alone MIS instrument set enables the user to perform complete minimally invasive treatment of the patient without the need to open additional sets.
- Small tulip diameters enable minimal approaches
- Fewer components for higher efficiency
- Integrated reduction option of the MIS rods
- Fenestrated screws starting from 5.5 mm diameter
- Maximum resistance to pullout forces
- DIPLOMAT MIS distractor/compressor
For more information please visit: https://www.signus.com
3.-EUROPA | MiRUS
The EUROPA™ Pedicle Screw System is intended to provide immobilization and stabilization of spinal segments in skeletally mature patients as an adjunct to fusion in the treatment of acute and chronic instabilities or deformities of the thoracic, lumbar, and sacral spine.
- Dual Pitch
- 4.5mm MoRe® Rods
- Ø 1.6mm Cannulation
- Ø 4.5-8.5mm Screw Sizes
- Gentle Friction Fit Tulip Heads
- 15mm Reduction Threads Built-in
- 60°Screw Head Angulation
- Flange Locking Caps to Prevent Splaying
For more information, please visit: https://mirusmed.com
4.-Excella MIS | INNOVASIS
The Excella MIS® Spinal System is a thoracolumbar system designed to facilitate percu-taneous screw and rod placement. The cannulated pedicle screws and extended reduc-tion tabs allow for easy rod placement and minimal tissue disruption. The system was designed to minimize the number and complexity of procedural steps.
For more information, please visit: https://www.innovasis.com
5.-OLIMPIC MIS | Astura Medical
The Olympic MIS Posterior Spinal Fixation System delivers a new level of intraoperative flexibility and efficiency by allowing the customization to the preferred workflow of the user through the utilization of either a traditional jamshidi/guide wire technique, awl-tap wireless technique, or single-step wireless technique for the placement of MIS pedicle screws. The wide array of implant options and expansive instrumentation delivers a streamlined and reproducible procedural sequence even when addressing the most complex pathologies with a less invasive approach.
For more information, please visit: https://asturamedical.com
6.- Phoenix Minimally Invasive Spinal System | ORTHOFIX
Phoenix has a unique implant design for percutaneous and mini open approaches to spinal fixation. The MIS body has a built-in instruments tower which can be removed after assembly of the implant construct. The design permits a smaller working diameter and thereby helps reduce the surgical incision.
- Three PHOENIX Body sizes available: short, standard & tall
- Double-lead bone screw thread
- 4.5-8.5 (1mm increments) diameter screws, cannulated
- Screw lengths range from 35mm to 55mm (5mm increments)
- 5.5mm diameter, hex end titanium rods, straight and pre-lordosed
For more information, please visit: http://web.orthofix.com
7.-Streamline® MIS Spinal Fixation System | RTI Surgical
The Streamline® MIS Spinal Fixation System allows a rigid construct to be created in the thoracolumbar spine via a percutaneous or mini-open approach using cannulated pedicle screws, set screws and rods. The system offers a broad range of implants and instruments, providing the ability to tailor treatment to a specific patient for a more efficient, streamlined, implant experience.
For more information, please visit: http://www.rtix.com/en_us/
8.- SureLOK™ MIS 3L | Precision Spine
The SureLOK™ MIS 3L is a low profile, percutaneous screw system that features an extended tab tulip with 20mm of controlled rod reduction and a triple lead, proximally tapered thread that greatly enhances screw delivery, reducing fatigue and minimizing operative time without compromising screw purchase. The open tulip design, 30° of rod angulation and rod tip eases rod insertion. The system also offers multiple sleeve options to allow for aggressive tulip manipulation, rod reduction and compression and distraction techniques.
- 150mm Extended Tab allows for low profile, MIS percutaneous placement
- 20mm of controlled reduction
- Triple Lead Thread allows for efficient screw delivery
- Aggressive Screw Tip optimizes screw engagement
- Multiple Extended Tab Security Options provide protection during rod placement
- Rod Reduction & Compression/Distraction Instrumentation facilitates placement
For more information, please visit: https://www.precisionspineinc.com
9.-TREND II | BIOMECH
TREND II system provide various screw options for the open and minimally invasive spine surgery. Multi thread lead enhances pedicle fixation and promotes rapid insertion. Trend II ensure more secure, reliable and stabilize surgery procedure. Time to create the new trend!
- Quad thread design
- One Step to tight
- Negative angle thread form
- 36 degree Angle
For more information, please visit: www.biomech-spine.com
10.- MIS Z-Pedicle Screw System | Z-Medical®
The MIS Z-Pedicle Screw System and the pre-sterilized implants offer surgeons an ideal solution for their indication specific needs (non-cervical spine). The innovative screw design with only one instrument set enable them to efficiently and cost effectively address the most common pathologies. It was designed for a minimally-invasive approach for less tissue disruption, blood loss and trauma and is approved for Degenerative, Trauma, Tumor and Deformity application.It offers an optimal intraoperative control, reduces surgical steps and allows smaller incisions for a better cosmetic result.
- Four patented types of screws: offer orthopaedics, neurosurgeons and trauma surgeons for each indication an optimized screw for their need
- Slim multifunctional lengthening shaft (Ø 12mm): reduction of assembly of additional instruments
- Preassembled Ini (set screw): less sources of error
- Brilliant SnapOff technique: an easy, safe and burr-free seperation from the lengthening shaft
- Sterile packaging: more flexibility for surgeons and maximum of safety for hospitals and patients
- Z-Medical® slim set of instruments: four intelligent types of screws allow to cover all common indications only with one slim set of instruments.
For more information, please visit: www.z-medical.de/