Sacroiliac joint fusion is a surgical procedure which fuses the iliac bone (pelvis) to the spine (sacrum) for stabilization. It is performed for a variety of conditions including trauma, infection, cancer, and spinal instability. Sacroiliac joint fusion may be performed as a minimally invasive surgical (MIS) procedure or as an open surgical procedure requiring a larger incision and subsequent increased recovery time.
Percutaneous SIJ fusion is a MIS approach in which instrumentation involving cages or screws, with or without bone graft, are placed percutaneously in order to achieve a fusion. Fusion of the SIJ, combined with bone grafts and other metal implant devices, is an extensive procedure; generally considered a salvage procedure when all other measures have failed to provide pain relief.
According to 360 Market Updates , over the next five years the MIS Sacroiliac Joint Fusion market will register a 15.5% CAGR in terms of revenue, the global market size will reach US$ 360 million by 2024, from US$ 150 million in 2019.
North American is the largest market of MIS Sacroiliac Joint Fusion, with a market share nearly 65% in 2017. Europe is the second largest supplier of MIS Sacroiliac Joint Fusion, enjoying market share nearly 20% in 2017.
The Sacroiliac Joint Fusion market implants market contains more than 30 companies. The market leader is the SI-Bone company with the iFuse implant with more than 20,000 procedures performed and over 1,000 surgeons trained.
Today we have selected 10 Sacroiliac joint fusion according to the following criteria.
- Implant’s architecture
- Bone graft delivery
- Implants Material
It has been very difficult to make because there are many more interesting products. To see the complete list of competitors with more than 25 products please visit:http://www.thespinemarketgroup.com/category/si-joint-fusion/
10 Sacroiliac joint fusion Systems to know:
1.- iFuse Implant System | SI-BONE
iFuse Implant System was developed as a minimally invasive surgical option for patients who have failed non-surgical options. Over the last several years more than 20,000 procedures have been performed and over 1,000 surgeons have been trained to provide this option for their patients.
- Titanium construction designed specifically to stabilize and fuse the SI joint
- Triangular shape minimizes rotation
- Porous titanium surface allows for bony ongrowth/ingrowth17
- Proven Effectiveness
2.-SImmetry® SI Joint Fusion System | RTI Surgical
SImmetry is a minimally invasive SI joint fusion system that uses proven orthopedic principles, including joint decortication, bone grafting and fixation, to achieve true arthrodesis.
- Minimally invasive lateral access for safety and control
- Joint preparation with the proprietary SImmetry Decorticator® instrument removes cartilage and decorticates opposing joint surfaces
- Bone graft delivery to the prepared joint to facilitate fusion
- Joint fixation with threaded titanium implants
For more information please visit: http://www.rtix.com
3.- SICONUS™ | Camber Medical
Siconus™ provides superior compression across the SI Joint over multiple turns of the threaded fixation implants. When used with the Prolix™ SI Joint Fusion System, the combined solution offers a direct visualization and insertion of a machined allograft spacer into the SI joint, followed by a lateral approach compression and fixation implants. The combined solution may be the only MIS SI Joint Fusion technology to foster a True Fusion of the SI Joint.
The Siconus™ SI Fixation System is intended to provide fixation and stabilization of large bones, including the sacrum and ilium. It is intended for use in skeletally mature patients as an adjunct to sacroiliac joint fusion in the treatment of the degenerative sacroiliitis, or sacroiliac joint disruptions.
Siconus™ was developed under a collaborative agreement with the Institute for Musculoskeletal Science & Education (IMSE), an independent, full-service product development and engineering services company.
- Threaded conical head design provides consistently high compression over greater degrees of rotation.
- Sizes Available:
o 7mm self-drilling screws in lengths ranging from 30mm to 70mm in 5mm increments
o 11mm self-tapping screws in lengths ranging from 35mm to 65mm in 5mm increments
- Fenestration in the 11mm Screw allows for autograft packing.
For more information please visit: https://www.cambermedtech.com
4.- Blue Topaz™ | OSSEUS
The Blue Topaz™ CompresSIve Sacroiliac Screw System consists of fenestrated, double helix threaded screws with aggressive distal cutting flutes allowing for effortless bone purchase. The implant’s open architecture encourages osseointegration and reduces radiographic signature. Integrated safety features help control targeting and screw insertion while streamlined instrumentation facilitates procedural efficiencies. The implants come in various lengths and diameters to accommodate patient anatomy and optional washers can be used for increased compression across the SI joint.
- Graft Delivery: Positive lock engagement of implant to inserter enables seamless graft delivery.
- Open architecture: Open architecture encourages osseointegration and reduces radiographic signature.
- Bone purchase: Distal cutting flutes and double helix threads allow for effortless bone purchase.
- Efficient: Integrated safety features help control targeting and screw insertion while streamlined instrumentation facilitates procedural efficiencies.
For more information please visit: https://www.osseus.com
5.- SI-LOK® | Globus Medical
The SI-LOK® hydroxyapatite (HA) coated screws, cannulated drill bits and wires are designed for a lateral approach to the sacroiliac (SI) joint.
- Security:Fully threaded connection.
- Strength:Large diameter screw.
- Optional graft slot:Designed to promote fusion.
For more information please visit: https://www.globusmedical.com
6.- Entasis | CoreLink
Entasis Sacroiliac Joint Fusion System was designed to better address the challenges of SI joint fusion procedures through innovation in the delivery of autograft and compression across the joint. Further innovations also provide improvements in ease of use and decreased operative time for this rapidly growing surgical procedure.
- Featuring circumferential helical graft windows, Entasis is the only SI joint fusion device that self-harvests bone graft while simultaneously compressing the joint, which, according to Wolff’s law, may help aid the fusion process1.
- Entasis supports a percutaneous or open lateral approach, and utilizes a more rigid guide wire to ease device placement. Entasis implants feature self-drilling/self-tapping tips and dual-lead threads allowing easier initial purchase, limited placement trauma as opposed to current market leaders, and faster implantation.
- The system offers three diameters and nine length options, more than any other SI product on the market, enabling the surgeon to better match the device to varying patient anatomies.
- In the event of misplacement, the implant also features an Easy-OutTM interface and matching tools to quickly explant.
For more information please visit: www.corelinksurgical.com
7.- SacroFuse | SpineFrontier
Sacroiliac joint disruptions and degenerative sacroiliitis are chronic conditions that can cause pain in the lower back, hips, and legs. SacroFuse helps to eliminate this pain by fusing or fixating the sacroiliac joint, reducing the irregular movement of the joint by stabilizing it to alleviate much of the pain. This is a less exposure outpatient procedure that can dramatically improve patients’ quality of life.SacroFuse is an innovative sacroiliac fusion technology that follows the philosophy of Less Exposure Surgery, and has several features that make it one of the most cutting-edge solutions on the market today
- Cortical Cancellous Screw Threads
- SacroFuse screws are inserted from a posterior approach, via straightforward, cannulated instrumentation. Cortical and cancellous thread profiles ease insertion and optimize purchase for differing bone densities.
- Fusion Channels
- The inner fusion network funnels bone product from the insertion feature through the implant, directly into the fusion channels. Fusion channels self-harvest autograft during insertion, creating three equally spaced fusion columns and aiding fixation through the ilium, SI joint and sacrum.
- Bulleted Tip
- Bulleted tip and self-cutting features optimize and enable pilot hole creation immediately following the bone needle, eliminating the need for supplementary instrumentation. If desired, this can be a simple, two step process with bone needle/trajectory establishment and screw insertion.
For more information please visit: https://www.spinefrontier.com
8.-SImpact Sacroiliac | LifeSpine
The SImpact Sacroiliac Joint Fixation System consists of cannulated implants offered in various lengths, and threaded configurations to accommodate variations in patient anatomy. It is intended for sacroiliac joint fusion for conditions including degenerative sacroiliitis and sacroiliac joint disruptions.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Self-drilling screw designed to reduce surgical steps by removing the need to create a pilot hole
- Threaded configurations offer construct customization based on patients’ needs
- Anti-Rotational sleeve designed to prevent screw back-out
For more information please visit: https://lifespine.com
9.-TransFasten | Captiva Spine
Captiva Spine’s TransFasten Posterior SI Fusion System is designed to provide an easy, fast, and safe method of fusing the Sacroiliac Joint. A posterior approach coupled with the proprietary QuadraCentric™ Joint Preparation and unique structural allograft implant promote a true biologic fusion.
- EASY:Direct Posterior Approach
- FAST:Simple targeting, efficient one implant site preparation
- SAFE:Implant insertion is away from neurovascular structures
For more information please visit: https://transfasten.captivaspine.com
10.-Silex® | Xtant Medical
A distinctive sacroiliac joint fusion system designed to promote fusion using titanium plasma-coated single or dual lead anchor implants fenestrated for bone graft introduction along with cannulated titanium locking implants.
- 12.5mm Anchor implants offered (single thread and dual thread)
- 7mm Locking implants offered (dual thread)
- 12.5mm Anchor implants are fenestrated to allow for direct bone graft apposition
For more information please visit: https://xtantmedical.com