Each year, there are more than 150,000 spinal fractures in North America* that sometimes may require additional spinal structural support with a Mesh or with an expandable corpectomy device. Another indication or use for these Devices is in the treatment of cancer patients. If the cancer metastasizes or spreads in the spine, the surgeon may opt to remove the affected vertebral bodies and replace them with an Expandable Corpectomy Device.**
For many years, the Gold Standard was the MESH but recently the technology has produced innovative and state-of-the-art devices such as the following 25 systems:http://www.thespinemarketgroup.com/category/cp/
The Spine Market
The Global Spinal Implants Market is expected to exceed more than US$ 19.5 Billion by 2024. The major driving factors of Global Spinal Implants Market are as follows:
- Escalation geriatric population susceptible to spinal ailments
- Recent technologies boosted in spinal devices
- Huge demand due to quicker recovery and lesser discomfort.
- Raised rate of spinal cord injuries and disorders
The restraining factors of Global Spinal Implants Market are as follows:
- Absence of proper diet and exercise and declining bone density
- Scarcity on the emerging and low-income economies.
- Growing prevalence of postural defects
- Monetary concerns affect the market growth
Sources:*(http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1264191-overview); ** Medtronic