As Matt Baynham, Atlas’ CEO said last year when launching the HiJak cage, “It is not just about fusion anymore“. As studies and clinical evidence continue to show, the value of restoring lordosis and global sagittal balance to the cervical spine is becoming more widely recognized and prioritized by spine surgeons today. The benefits that expandable cages could provide in the cervical spine are many:
- Restoration of Lordosis and sagittal balance
- Foraminal Decompression through posterior expansion
- Better preservation of the endplate integrity: Insertion with less impaction
- Reduced need for excessive bony resection
Today, without any doubt, expandable cages are a growing trend. In the lumbar spine, Globus Medical started launching very succesful devices and now we can find more than 30 products competing:(http://www.thespinemarketgroup.com/category/expandable-cages/)
In the cervical spine, there are not many competitors yet. This market segment is leaded by Atlas spine with their HiJAK cage. It is today an unique product since it is the first expandable cervical interbody to provide surgeons the ability to intra-operatively customise an implant to fit their patient’s specific needs and achieve proper sagittal re-alignment.
With Hyper-Lordotic options up to 20 degrees, HiJAK AC’s expandable capability allows surgeons the opportunity to:
- Adjust its lordotic angle to each patients’ specific needs.
- Incrementally adjust each level to “dial in” overall global balance.
- Require less cortical endplate removal for implant fit.
- Reduce the impaction force required to seat the cage.
- Rely less on distraction pins for implantation of higher lordotic angles.
Additional benefits include:
- Post expansion graft-packing capability
- An unobstructed graft chamber
- An osteo-promotive endplate surface
- Footprint options to optimize endplate anatomy
Atlas Spine Inc. creates, manufactures, and markets minimally invasive implants and instrument systems for the treatment of various pathologies of the spine. Atlas has established a reputation as an innovator in the spine implant industry and has served as a trusted design resource for spine surgeons and some of the largest players in the medical device industry. Our mission is to develop and market the most innovative, cost-effective, high quality, and clinically efficacious systems available. By working closely with some of today’s top spine surgeons, Atlas is developing disruptive technology and forging the future of spine care.
Atlas is actively recruiting distributors for its products. For more information about Atlas Spine,please visit us at www.atlasspine.com.
Disclosure: We expresses our own opinions. We are not receiving any compensation from Atlas Spine